Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Hot Chocolate Bar

We had an event at our house last night for Secretary of State Ken Bennett who is running for Governor. Being the Christmas season we decided to do a Hot Chocolate Bar and cookies for our guests. I think it turned out wonderfully!

Here are lots of pictures of the table and backdrop.

 The mix-ins we had for the ho cocoa were: Cinnamon, Crushed Candy Canes, Hazelnut, Vanilla Caramel, Chocolate Chips, Roasted Coconut, Marshmallows, Raspberry Flavor Syrup, French Vanilla Flavor Syrup, Coconut Cream, and Whipped Cream. Everybody loved the variety. My personal favorite was the coconut cream with whipped cream on top and roasted coconut sprinkled on top. Devine!


 I had this frame I had gotten from Ikea. It was black so I spray painted it with red made for plastic spray paint. I took the glass out and covered the cardboard part with chalkboard vinyl. I hand wrote the words "Baby it's cold outside". I got the letter styling from a printable I found on pinterest HERE. I just looked at it and copied it by hand.



 The mugs I bought at Ikea for $0.99 a piece and the straws I got at Hobby Lobby. I believe they were $2.99 for a pack of 25. Half of the mugs I dipped in white melting wafers and then in crushed candy canes. I figured not everyone would want peppermint with their hot cocoa.

(Interesting side note. At the end of the night I wanted to see which color mug was taken the most and if the candy cane mugs or plain mugs were taken the most. Would you believe it, there were 10 mugs that weren't used and it was equal on all levels. Interesting.

 The stars I made from a tutorial I found HERE.

I made all the treats as well. We had chocolate chip cookies, snicker doodles, Oreo truffles (tutorials for these all over pinterest), and chocolate sandwich cookies. One person said the sandwich cookies tasted like they came from a bakery. =D The cookie part only has three ingredients. Nice!

The Hazelnut and Vanilla Caramel were both powdered coffee creamers and the Coconut Cream was liquid coffee creamer.

What is your favorite thing to mix into hot cocoa?

No comments:

Post a Comment